Egg Donor Program Expectations and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our Egg Donor program. Please review the following expectations and requirements of our program.
- You must be between 21 and 29 years of age.
- If you are adopted, you must have full medical records on both of your biological parents. If you do not, please do not apply.
- You must NOT be a smoker. (Your nicotine levels will be tested.) You must NEVER smoke ANYTHING: cigarettes, cigars, or anything else. Even with one puff, the eggs will be severely hurt for over 60 days. If you can't quit, don't apply.
- Your BMI (body mass index) must be below 30.
- You must be in good health.
- If you provide us with SAT or ACT scores or your high school and/or college GPA, we do require documentation to prove these numbers.
- You must not use recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, or "downers". You will be drug tested. If you use recreational drugs, don't apply.
- You must not have ever used intravenous drugs.
- You must be willing to undergo medical and psychological screening. This includes an HIV test and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test.
- You must be willing to take daily injections (using tiny insulin needles), have frequent blood tests, ultrasounds, and be available to go to a designated office for morning appointments at specific times.
- If you have a fear of needles or of having blood drawn, egg donation is NOT for you!
- You must be willing to give "Informed Consent" for the egg retrieval procedure and for administration of anesthetics.
- You must not have a sexually transmitted disease including but not limited to gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, chlamydia, or HIV. FDA regulations require that it must be at least 12 months from the time you were treated for a chlamydia infection until your actual donation date.
- You must be willing to abstain from sexual intercourse for a period of approximately two to three weeks during treatment.
- You must be willing to take birth control pills or be on the Nuva Ring; however, you may NOT use birth control pills or be on the Nuva Ring during the actual stimulation period, and must be willing to prevent pregnancy with another method (i.e. condoms, sponge, vaginal creams) through the duration of the cycle PRIOR to stimulation.
- You must not currently have a Norplant birth control device.
- You must not have had a Norplant device removed within the last twelve months.
- You must not have taken Depo birth control injections within the last nine months.
- You must not have had a tattoo, piercing, or chlamydia infection within twelve months of undergoing a donation cycle. If you ALREADY HAVE a
tattoo or piercing, that is fine. You need to make sure it will be at least twelve months from the time you got your tattoo or piercing until your actual donation cycle.
- You must have your own transportation.
- You must have early mornings available for doctor appointments for about two weeks.
- You MUST be responsible and very dependable.
- You MUST be able to make all of your doctor appointments. This is critical!
- If you have any doubts or hesitancy regarding your ability to comply with the restrictions or expectations of this program, please do not apply. Remember you become a part of someone's dreams when you are selected as a donor.
- You need to have regular access to your email and voicemail while a participant in our egg donor program. When we send you correspondence, we require a response in a timely manner.